For this week’s discussion, I’d like to you to reflect on, then write about, what you learned from Margaret. She shared with us some valuable examples (positive and negative) of her own experiences with organizations here in Forth Worth and in Zambia.
Possible topic questions (choose 1 or a few):
- what did she say that surprised you or made you think more deeply or critically about service?
- what ideas did you get for your own project–or the one you’re thinking about for this class?
- what are some of the possible macro-level, or broad-based, solutions to the larger, national problems we discussed? And, how could we apply those to our own situations in the US or in Fort Worth?
- what are some questions you’d like to ask of future guests (either that you asked Margaret and want to ask others or that you didn’t ask but want to next time), AND how might you answer those questions?
- can you relate any of what she discussed with what we’ve read or discussed before today? Did her experiences/comments change your mind or support what you were thinking before today?
- Anything else about her topic that you would like to discuss.
I look forward to reading your comments and observations!